SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 is now available for download on SAP Service Marketplace.
The new SAP GUI release comes with a number of useful new features:
– Support for Windows 7 operating system & Office 2010 package (32bit version)
– SAP Logon: Hierarchical organization of items in an explorer like view and a tree like view.
– SAP Logon: With release 7.20, an administrator can define a central saplogon.ini which can be merged into the local user specific saplogon.ini.
– Options Dialog: Almost all options have been merged into a new user friendly dialog that replaces Tweak SAP GUI and the old options dialog.
– Security Enhancements: A set of maintainable security rules which allow administrators and users to prevent unwanted access to the client PCs from SAP systems have been defined.
– Animated Focus Frame: Improved visualization of the focus and its movement across the screen.
– High Contrast Theme for SAP Signature Design: Improved visual design for users with visual impairments, based on the successful SAP Signature Design.
– Better organization of local data: Downloaded files, traces, scripts and other local objects are stored in different folders (roaming and local) according to Windows standards.
Besides this SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 is fully compatible with older SAP GUI releases.
Since SAP GUI for Windows 6.20 will be out of maintenance as of 1st of January 2011 and SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 will be out of maintenance as of 13th of April 2011 we recommend to start planning the upgrade to release 7.20 as soon as possible.