- Open the command prompt by navigating to Start → Run and by typing “cmd”.
- Go to the \SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui directory (in Program Files), through the command prompt.
- Create the necessary value in Windows registry by typing:
An information message will appear.
- Open the registry editor, in order to access Windows registry, by navigating to Start → Run and by typing “regedit”.
- Go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPShortcut\Security registry key.
- Change the value data of “EnablePassword“ from 0 to 1.
- Close SAP Logon and open it again, in case it was open during the whole process.