Home » Posts tagged 'SAPGUI' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: SAPGUI
SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 is now available for download on SAP Service Marketplace.
The new SAP GUI release comes with a number of useful new features:
– Support for Windows 7 operating system & Office 2010 package (32bit version)
– SAP Logon: Hierarchical organization of items in an explorer like view and a tree like view.
– SAP Logon: With release 7.20, an administrator can define a central saplogon.ini which can be merged into the local user specific saplogon.ini.
– Options Dialog: Almost all options have been merged into a new user friendly dialog that replaces Tweak SAP GUI and the old options dialog.
– Security Enhancements: A set of maintainable security rules which allow administrators and users to prevent unwanted access to the client PCs from SAP systems have been defined.
– Animated Focus Frame: Improved visualization of the focus and its movement across the screen.
– High Contrast Theme for SAP Signature Design: Improved visual design for users with visual impairments, based on the successful SAP Signature Design.
– Better organization of local data: Downloaded files, traces, scripts and other local objects are stored in different folders (roaming and local) according to Windows standards.
Besides this SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 is fully compatible with older SAP GUI releases.
Since SAP GUI for Windows 6.20 will be out of maintenance as of 1st of January 2011 and SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 will be out of maintenance as of 13th of April 2011 we recommend to start planning the upgrade to release 7.20 as soon as possible.
I have just downloaded and tried this new SAPGUI for Java 720 Public Preview (RC2) on my Ubuntu 9.04. Its great improvement on its GUI. Nice signature themes.
You can download from this link (ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/java/preview)
SAP has finally revealed its latest SAPGUI for Java version. SAPGUI for Java rev 8 is released and you can view its release note on https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/sap-gui.
Enhancements and New Features
Support for new OS versions: openSUSE 11.0
Applet: A new certificate has been used to sign the product, because the previous is valid only until April 1, 2009.
You can start download here (ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/java/710r8).
After couple month of release posting about the best linux distros for SAP workstation (or SAPGUI ready), I am trying my best to experiment again. For such long time there are some of linux distros which is match with my requirement.
1. Still Vector Linux 5.0 SOHO edition with its complete and robust application including SUN Java, CUPS, and SAMBA server installed. This is great linux distro for desktop. I highly recommend this distro.
2. PCLinuxOS 2009.1 is the newest PCLinuxOS distro which now also powered with the latest SUN Java, CUPS, and also SAMBA server. SAMBA server was not included on the previous PCLinuxOS version. I think this distro is great and easy to use. Its also powered with the latest hardware support. You could also remaster this distro to suit your requirement because this distro had been powered with remaster script by out of the box.
3. Linux Mint 6.0 is the latest Linux Mint released which based on Ubuntu 8.10 (the latest Ubuntu version when this article is written). This distro still lack of SAMBA server. But this distro is easy and well supported by Ubuntu community.
4. OpenSuSE 11.1 is the latest community version of SuSE and I think this distro is also great one. I am using this distro on my notebook for work.
That’s all distros I can recommended now. I still going to get my other research about SAP and Linux. Stay tuned.
From my previous posting, you have already learned how to install SAPGUI for Java on Linux and also how to configure them so you can connect and log on to SAP.
Now, I’ll explain to how to uninstall/remove SAPGUI for Java from your Linux system.
Using root user, type this command :
# java -jar PlatinGUI-Platform-Version-.jar uninstall
You can try it. Any comment and suggestion are welcome.
As I told you before I am moving my next posting on my new blog address. You can get tutorial about how to patch SAPGUI for Windows using service mode.
You can click here to continue to read.
I have already post about how to install SAPGUI using SAPGUI Distribution Service Mode and how to install SAPGUI for Windows from a SAPGUI Distribution Server. On this posting, I’ll explain step by step how to install SAPGUI patch on SAPGUI Distribution Server so that all SAPGUI for Windows on client PC which has been installed from this server can resume SAPGUI patch automatically and easily.
Run your SAP Admin from Start Menu – All Programs – SAP Installation Server – SAP Admin.
From toolbar menu, you can see some menu such as New, Paste, Permission, Edit Content, Apply Patch. Now Click Apply Patch.
Installation screen will prompt you where is your patch file resided. Click Browse to locate.
This what I get after I fill the field. Click Open to extract.
Extract process is running. Wait till completed.
SAPGUI Patch is being installed on SAPGUI Distribution Server.
SAPGUI Patch installation is finished.
Sometime you are facing a sharing problem. If so, then remove the sharing first and continue. After installation finished, then share it again. Hope this could help you manage your SAPGUI for Windows installation.