Please forgive me for this inconvenience. Starting from now, I am going to move my next posting to my private blog to new place, http://ardhian.kioslinux.com, since wordpress.com doesn’t allow commercial posting. I am still using this blog for my old posting so you can keep in touch with me through this blog.
But I hope that you always come to my new home, http://ardhian.kioslinux.com.
I also want to introduce my others blog on blogger, http://sapbasisbooks.blogspot.com, http://sap-on-linux.blogspot.com, and http://basishowto.blogspot.com. I hope you enjoy it. Don’t worry, I won’t leave this blog. I still going to update and manage this blog.
Sorry for this inconvenience.
On this posting, I’ll try to explain about how to install and configure SAProuter and also how to set your SAProuter to match with Secure Network Communication (SNC) just SAP want to if they have to support you.
The first thing you need to do, is to send a customer message to SAP
Support (component XX-SER-NET-OSS-NEW) and tell them to register the
hostname and IP of your new SAProuter.
You have to register it with a official IP address (no internal IPs
allowed), but it’s allowed to use NAT in the firewall/router.
After you’ve received a confirmation from SAP that your SAProuter has
been registered, you are ready to configure your SAProuter.
If your SAProuter directory is C:\usr\sap\saprouter, these are the steps
Note: You will be asked for a PIN code. Just pick your own 4 numbers, but
you’ll have to use the same PIN every time you’re asked to enter one.
1. Set 2 environment variables: SECUDIR and SNC_LIB according to the
guide you’ve downloaded.
2. Download the SAP Crypto Library and unpack it into
3. To generate a certificate request, run the command:
sapgenpse get_pse -v -r C:\usr\sap\saprouter\certreq -p
4. Then you have to follow the guide and request the certificate from
http://service.sap.com/tcs -> Download Area -> SAProuter Certificate
5. Create a file C:\usr\sap\saprouter\srcert and copy the requested
certificate into this file. The run the command:
sapgenpse import_own_cert -c C:\usr\sap\saprouter\srcert -p
6. To generate credentials for the user that’s running the SAProuter
service, run command:
sapgenpse seclogin -p C:\usr\sap\saprouter\local.pse -O
(this will create the file “cred_v2”)
7. Check the configuration by running command:
sapgenpse get_my_name -v -n Issuer
(This should always give the answer “CN=SAProuter CA, OU=SAProuter,
8. Create SAProuter service on Windows with the command:
ntscmgr install SAProuter -b C:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p
“service -r -R C:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouttab -W 60000 -K
9. Edit the Windows Registry key as follows:
r\ImagePath –> Change both ^ to ”
10. Start the SAProuter service
11. Enter the required parameters in OSS1 -> Technical Settings
Installation on UNIX
1. Create the subdirectory saprouter in the directory /usr/sap/.
2. Get the latest version of the SAProuter from the SAP Service Marketplace (service.sap.com/patches). Choose Support Packages and Patches ® Entry by Application Group ® Additional Components ® SAPROUTER. The SAProuter is in packet saprouter*.SAR; the program niping is also in this packet. Copy programs saprouter and niping to the newly created directory /usr/sap/saprouter.
If you cannot copy the programs from SAP Service Marketplace, you can copy a version (may be obsolete) from your directory /usr/sap//SYS/exe/run.
3. (Optional) If you want to start the SAProuter on the same computer used for an SAP instance, insert the following line into file /usr/sap//SYS/exe/run/startsap:
# Start saprouter
if [ -f $SRDIR/saprouter ] ; then
echo “\nStarting saprouter Daemon “ | tee -a $LOGFILE
echo “—————————-“ | tee -a $LOGFILE
$SRDIR/saprouter -r -R $SRDIR/saprouttab \
| tee -a $LOGFILE &
Insert the lines before the commands to start the SAP instance.
Normally the SAProuter runs on a different computer. If this is so, this step is omitted and you start the SAProuter as described in Starting the SAProuter.
4. Maintain the route permission table in directory /usr/sap/saprouter. If you want to keep it in another directory or under a name other than saprouttab, you must specify this with the SAProuter option -R (see Option R ).
This should help in SAP Router configuration and installation. Step forward, guys.
I have already post about how to install SAPGUI using SAPGUI Distribution Service Mode and how to install SAPGUI for Windows from a SAPGUI Distribution Server. On this posting, I’ll explain step by step how to install SAPGUI patch on SAPGUI Distribution Server so that all SAPGUI for Windows on client PC which has been installed from this server can resume SAPGUI patch automatically and easily.
Run your SAP Admin from Start Menu – All Programs – SAP Installation Server – SAP Admin.
From toolbar menu, you can see some menu such as New, Paste, Permission, Edit Content, Apply Patch. Now Click Apply Patch.
Installation screen will prompt you where is your patch file resided. Click Browse to locate.
This what I get after I fill the field. Click Open to extract.
Extract process is running. Wait till completed.
SAPGUI Patch is being installed on SAPGUI Distribution Server.
SAPGUI Patch installation is finished.
Sometime you are facing a sharing problem. If so, then remove the sharing first and continue. After installation finished, then share it again. Hope this could help you manage your SAPGUI for Windows installation.
From my previous posting, I have already explain about SAPGU Distribution Server. SAPGUI Distribution Server will be managed when there is SAPGUI patches need to be applied. All you need is manage on this server.
You can also install SAPGUI for Windows on your PC from this server. Just connect this server using Windows Explorer. Open your WIndows Explorer, type \\<Server Name>\<share name>.
From my server, I type \\EMATES67\sapgui640.
Double click netsetup.exe.
Click Next to continue installation.
Choose SAPGUI installation package. I choose Complete GUI (local). Click Next.
Installation screen will prompt you location of SAPGUI installation. I accept default. Click Next.
Final screen before installation process begin. Click Install to start installation process.
Installation process is running. Wait till finished.
SAPGUI installation is completed. Click Finish button to close.
Congratulations !! Finally, you have installed SAPGUI from SAPGUI Distribution Server. On my next posting I’ll let you how to install SAPGUI patch on SAPGUI Distribution Server.
SAPGUI for Windows can be install based on traditional mode (just as install other Windows software) and also server mode. On traditional mode, you will need to install one by one when installing on several computer especially when SAPGUI patch are applied. You need to apply it on each computer.
Main advantage of installing SAPGUI for Windows using server mode are, you only need to maintain SAPGUI server when installing patch. You’ll need to install patch on server then other PC client will follow it.
To install SAPGUI for Windows using server mode, just a little bit different. OK, let’s just started this installation.
On SAPGUI folder, go to setup folder and find admsetup.exe file. Double click this file :
You’ll get this screen.
Click Next to continue to next screen.
Make sure that you created this folder and share it. I use sapgui640 folder and share it on Windows level. Click Next.
Ready to install. Click Install button.
Installation process is proceed. Wait till it finished.
You’ll need to configure distributed service so that SAPGUI for Windows installation files can be access from your network. Click Next.
You’ll see your server name sharing. On my screen, \\EMATES67 (this is my server name). Click Next.
For Distribution Service Configuration, you need to specify Administrator name and password. This information is for Administrator. Click Next
This information goes to user to distribute this service. Click. Next.
The last time, you need to configure it.
This screen show you configuration when you click SAPAdmin from Start Menu
SAP ERP are 3-tiered application. SAP software consist of Database Server, Application Server, and Client program. Database server hold all data and information from user, company data, transaction data, log, etc. Application program responsible to process all client request and route to database server to request data, and then process data presentation before send them to client program. SAP client program which is installed on user PC is named as SAPGUI. Also called SAPLogon.
SAP has provide 3 type of SAPGUI which are :
- SAPGUI for Windows – SAPGUI for Windows is SAPGUI which is installed on Microsoft Windows. According to SAP, this is the best SAPGUI to access all SAP ERP function and tcode. SAP Developer (also called ABAP-er) use this SAPGUI to create all ABAP customer specific program. This SAPGUI can create ALV list, SMARTFORMS, SMARTSTYLES, ABAP OBJECT, etc. The latest SAPGUI for WIndows version 7.10. From my previous post, SAP have already removed this stuff from FTP server so if you want to get it, you need SAP Service Marketplace user ID to download or orde the DVD.
- SAPGUI for Java – SAPGUI for Java are another SAPGUI program. SAP provide SAPGUI for Java for several operating system including Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac, IBM AIX, HP HP-UX, and SUN Solaris. Prerequirement for this software are your system need to be installed with SUN Java (minimumly version 1.5.0). SAPGUI for Java also have some limitation compared with SAPGUI for Windows. You cannot create SMARTFORMS, SMARTSTYLES using this SAPGUI. You also cannot use Office-integration feature. The latest SAPGUI for Java version are 7.10 rev 6. You still can download this SAPGUI from FTP server (using anonymous access).
- SAPGUI for HTML – This is the last type SAPGUI for HTML. It’s the only one that doesn’t need to be installed because almost every operating system has web browser. The latest mySAP ERP only need to be config so it can be accessed via web.
Ok, that’s all for now. Next time, I’ll explain the detailed about each SAPGUI.
Just now, SAP has decided to remove SAPGUI for Windows download link from previous place. Previously, we can download SAPGUI for Windows installer, its add on, and patch from SAP FTP. SAP will redirect you to use their SAP Service Marketplace link (http://service.sap.com/sapgui) to download SAPGUI for Windows. But this link require SAP Service user ID. If your company is SAP customer then you should have this user ID.
If you don’t want waste your time downloading this stuff, then just order the DVD from SAP Sofware Catalog. Should be freely available for SAP Customer.
I don’t know the reason why SAP had moved this download link. For other who want to download this software but don’t have SAP Service Marketplace user ID then ask your friend to download it for you. I hope SAP explain it…:)