Home » Posts tagged 'SAP R3'
Tag Archives: SAP R3
After couple month of release posting about the best linux distros for SAP workstation (or SAPGUI ready), I am trying my best to experiment again. For such long time there are some of linux distros which is match with my requirement.
1. Still Vector Linux 5.0 SOHO edition with its complete and robust application including SUN Java, CUPS, and SAMBA server installed. This is great linux distro for desktop. I highly recommend this distro.
2. PCLinuxOS 2009.1 is the newest PCLinuxOS distro which now also powered with the latest SUN Java, CUPS, and also SAMBA server. SAMBA server was not included on the previous PCLinuxOS version. I think this distro is great and easy to use. Its also powered with the latest hardware support. You could also remaster this distro to suit your requirement because this distro had been powered with remaster script by out of the box.
3. Linux Mint 6.0 is the latest Linux Mint released which based on Ubuntu 8.10 (the latest Ubuntu version when this article is written). This distro still lack of SAMBA server. But this distro is easy and well supported by Ubuntu community.
4. OpenSuSE 11.1 is the latest community version of SuSE and I think this distro is also great one. I am using this distro on my notebook for work.
That’s all distros I can recommended now. I still going to get my other research about SAP and Linux. Stay tuned.
As I told you before I am moving my next posting on my new blog address. You can get tutorial about how to patch SAPGUI for Windows using service mode.
You can click here to continue to read.
It’s nice to see you again. Here I provide you nice download link of SAP Basis ebook. This ebook is SAP R3 Handbook 3rd Edition by Jose Antonio Hernandez.
You can click here to get download link.
Just follow the rule.
I hope you enjoy it.
On this posting, I’ll try to explain about how to install and configure SAProuter and also how to set your SAProuter to match with Secure Network Communication (SNC) just SAP want to if they have to support you.
The first thing you need to do, is to send a customer message to SAP
Support (component XX-SER-NET-OSS-NEW) and tell them to register the
hostname and IP of your new SAProuter.
You have to register it with a official IP address (no internal IPs
allowed), but it’s allowed to use NAT in the firewall/router.
After you’ve received a confirmation from SAP that your SAProuter has
been registered, you are ready to configure your SAProuter.
If your SAProuter directory is C:\usr\sap\saprouter, these are the steps
Note: You will be asked for a PIN code. Just pick your own 4 numbers, but
you’ll have to use the same PIN every time you’re asked to enter one.
1. Set 2 environment variables: SECUDIR and SNC_LIB according to the
guide you’ve downloaded.
2. Download the SAP Crypto Library and unpack it into
3. To generate a certificate request, run the command:
sapgenpse get_pse -v -r C:\usr\sap\saprouter\certreq -p
4. Then you have to follow the guide and request the certificate from
http://service.sap.com/tcs -> Download Area -> SAProuter Certificate
5. Create a file C:\usr\sap\saprouter\srcert and copy the requested
certificate into this file. The run the command:
sapgenpse import_own_cert -c C:\usr\sap\saprouter\srcert -p
6. To generate credentials for the user that’s running the SAProuter
service, run command:
sapgenpse seclogin -p C:\usr\sap\saprouter\local.pse -O
(this will create the file “cred_v2”)
7. Check the configuration by running command:
sapgenpse get_my_name -v -n Issuer
(This should always give the answer “CN=SAProuter CA, OU=SAProuter,
8. Create SAProuter service on Windows with the command:
ntscmgr install SAProuter -b C:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p
“service -r -R C:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouttab -W 60000 -K
9. Edit the Windows Registry key as follows:
r\ImagePath –> Change both ^ to ”
10. Start the SAProuter service
11. Enter the required parameters in OSS1 -> Technical Settings
Installation on UNIX
1. Create the subdirectory saprouter in the directory /usr/sap/.
2. Get the latest version of the SAProuter from the SAP Service Marketplace (service.sap.com/patches). Choose Support Packages and Patches ® Entry by Application Group ® Additional Components ® SAPROUTER. The SAProuter is in packet saprouter*.SAR; the program niping is also in this packet. Copy programs saprouter and niping to the newly created directory /usr/sap/saprouter.
If you cannot copy the programs from SAP Service Marketplace, you can copy a version (may be obsolete) from your directory /usr/sap//SYS/exe/run.
3. (Optional) If you want to start the SAProuter on the same computer used for an SAP instance, insert the following line into file /usr/sap//SYS/exe/run/startsap:
# Start saprouter
if [ -f $SRDIR/saprouter ] ; then
echo “\nStarting saprouter Daemon “ | tee -a $LOGFILE
echo “—————————-“ | tee -a $LOGFILE
$SRDIR/saprouter -r -R $SRDIR/saprouttab \
| tee -a $LOGFILE &
Insert the lines before the commands to start the SAP instance.
Normally the SAProuter runs on a different computer. If this is so, this step is omitted and you start the SAProuter as described in Starting the SAProuter.
4. Maintain the route permission table in directory /usr/sap/saprouter. If you want to keep it in another directory or under a name other than saprouttab, you must specify this with the SAProuter option -R (see Option R ).
This should help in SAP Router configuration and installation. Step forward, guys.
I have already post about how to install SAPGUI using SAPGUI Distribution Service Mode and how to install SAPGUI for Windows from a SAPGUI Distribution Server. On this posting, I’ll explain step by step how to install SAPGUI patch on SAPGUI Distribution Server so that all SAPGUI for Windows on client PC which has been installed from this server can resume SAPGUI patch automatically and easily.
Run your SAP Admin from Start Menu – All Programs – SAP Installation Server – SAP Admin.
From toolbar menu, you can see some menu such as New, Paste, Permission, Edit Content, Apply Patch. Now Click Apply Patch.
Installation screen will prompt you where is your patch file resided. Click Browse to locate.
This what I get after I fill the field. Click Open to extract.
Extract process is running. Wait till completed.
SAPGUI Patch is being installed on SAPGUI Distribution Server.
SAPGUI Patch installation is finished.
Sometime you are facing a sharing problem. If so, then remove the sharing first and continue. After installation finished, then share it again. Hope this could help you manage your SAPGUI for Windows installation.
My deepest regret that I have to do this in order to support me maintaining this blog since I have to maintain my internet connection. I need to charge to you if you want to get this simple information.
I am offering paid support to Basis who want to implement Linux Migration on workstation so that by using SAPGUI for Java on Linux can print smoothly as well as Windows-based SAPGUI client. On SAPGUI for Windows, you can easily print SAP documents. But you can’t do that when you’re using SAPGUI for Java on Linux.
If you are interested in this solution, please call me on YM : devratt.
Today I’ll show you how to uninstall old SAPGUI for Java version. To install newer version of SAPGUI for Java, you can check my previuous posting. On this posting, i am going to show you how to uninstall the old version of your SAPGUI for Java.
Coz I use root level to install SAPGUI for Java, so I need to switch my user (ardhian) to my root user :
ardhian@edp-ardhian:~$ su –
edp-ardhian:~ # java -jar PlatinGUI-Linux-710r4.jar uninstall
This last command will uninstall my old (SAPGUI for Java version 7.10rev4) version. Just simple command. I hope this could help you.