Home » Posts tagged 'SAPGUI for Windows'
Tag Archives: SAPGUI for Windows
SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 is the successor to SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 which will be out of of support as of 9th of April 2013. With the new release SAP GUI for Windows was carefully improved to provide the end-user with an interface where information is presented in a logical and easy-to-understand way. Several visual and usability improvements have been implemented to help users organize and complete their daily work quickly and efficiently.
The new SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 was shipped on 26th of June 2012 and introduces the following useful enhancements:
- Corbu Design: A new SAP GUI design is available: The Corbu Design. This design comes with a reduced contrast when compared to SAP Signature Design and improves the integration of SAP GUI into other SAP components like NWBC which also offer Corbu Designs.
- Signature Color Themes: New color themes can be applied system and client specific: Users are enabled to easily select different Signature color themes for test, development or productive systems and clients etc. This leads to a clear overview over the system landscape.
- Branding Area: A company specific logo (corporate branding, product branding) can be embedded into the top right corner of the SAP screen. This new branding area will help administrators to generate additional corporate communication and corporate identity. It can be used in SAP Signature Design and in Corbu Design.
- Floating Docking Containers: Docking containers can be positioned individually by end users. Dragging the container with the mouse to north, west, east or south positions helps adjusting the screen layout for individual needs.
- Personalized TAB Order: Users can define their own TAB order within SAP screens. The new TAB order allows users to jump to the next screen element of interest. Screen elements not included in the TAB order can still be accessed by mouse clicks.
- System Comments in SAP Logon: In SAP Logon users can add system specific notes or information. This new edit area will help users to manage and comment the system landscape.
- SNC indication icon in the status bar: A small icon in the SAP GUI status bar indicates whether the connection between SAP GUI and application server is secured (SNC is activated) or not.
An up-to-date list of new features is available in SAP note 1670678.
See below for an image explaining some of the new, exciting features of release 7.30!
- Delivery: 26th of June 2012 (“Productive Release” & “Default Release”)
- End of maintenance: 15th of July 2015 (end of support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010)
- Please note that SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 will be out of maintenance as of 09th of April 2012 – therefore we recommend to start planning your upgrade to release 7.30 soon after the delivery of the new release.
More detailed information on the lifecycle of SAP GUI can be found in SAP note 147519.
- Windows XP / 2003 Server
- Windows Vista (only “Business”, “Ultimate” and “Enterprise” editions) / Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 7 (only “Business”, “Ultimate” and “Enterprise” editions) / Windows 2008 R2 Server
- Windows 8: Under evaluation (planned to be supported as of SAP GUI for Windows 7.30)
More detailed information on the platforms supported by SAP GUI can be found in SAP note 66971.
Various other pieces of information related to SAP GUI can be found on the SAP GUI Homepage in SAP SCN.
Download link : http://service.sap.com/swdc – Installation and Upgrades – Browse our Download Catalog – SAP Frontend Components – SAPGUI For Windows – SAPGUI For Windows 7.30 core – Installation
SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 is now available for download on SAP Service Marketplace.
The new SAP GUI release comes with a number of useful new features:
– Support for Windows 7 operating system & Office 2010 package (32bit version)
– SAP Logon: Hierarchical organization of items in an explorer like view and a tree like view.
– SAP Logon: With release 7.20, an administrator can define a central saplogon.ini which can be merged into the local user specific saplogon.ini.
– Options Dialog: Almost all options have been merged into a new user friendly dialog that replaces Tweak SAP GUI and the old options dialog.
– Security Enhancements: A set of maintainable security rules which allow administrators and users to prevent unwanted access to the client PCs from SAP systems have been defined.
– Animated Focus Frame: Improved visualization of the focus and its movement across the screen.
– High Contrast Theme for SAP Signature Design: Improved visual design for users with visual impairments, based on the successful SAP Signature Design.
– Better organization of local data: Downloaded files, traces, scripts and other local objects are stored in different folders (roaming and local) according to Windows standards.
Besides this SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 is fully compatible with older SAP GUI releases.
Since SAP GUI for Windows 6.20 will be out of maintenance as of 1st of January 2011 and SAP GUI for Windows 7.10 will be out of maintenance as of 13th of April 2011 we recommend to start planning the upgrade to release 7.20 as soon as possible.
As I told you before I am moving my next posting on my new blog address. You can get tutorial about how to patch SAPGUI for Windows using service mode.
You can click here to continue to read.
I have already post about how to install SAPGUI using SAPGUI Distribution Service Mode and how to install SAPGUI for Windows from a SAPGUI Distribution Server. On this posting, I’ll explain step by step how to install SAPGUI patch on SAPGUI Distribution Server so that all SAPGUI for Windows on client PC which has been installed from this server can resume SAPGUI patch automatically and easily.
Run your SAP Admin from Start Menu – All Programs – SAP Installation Server – SAP Admin.
From toolbar menu, you can see some menu such as New, Paste, Permission, Edit Content, Apply Patch. Now Click Apply Patch.
Installation screen will prompt you where is your patch file resided. Click Browse to locate.
This what I get after I fill the field. Click Open to extract.
Extract process is running. Wait till completed.
SAPGUI Patch is being installed on SAPGUI Distribution Server.
SAPGUI Patch installation is finished.
Sometime you are facing a sharing problem. If so, then remove the sharing first and continue. After installation finished, then share it again. Hope this could help you manage your SAPGUI for Windows installation.
From my previous posting, I have already explain about SAPGU Distribution Server. SAPGUI Distribution Server will be managed when there is SAPGUI patches need to be applied. All you need is manage on this server.
You can also install SAPGUI for Windows on your PC from this server. Just connect this server using Windows Explorer. Open your WIndows Explorer, type \\<Server Name>\<share name>.
From my server, I type \\EMATES67\sapgui640.
Double click netsetup.exe.
Click Next to continue installation.
Choose SAPGUI installation package. I choose Complete GUI (local). Click Next.
Installation screen will prompt you location of SAPGUI installation. I accept default. Click Next.
Final screen before installation process begin. Click Install to start installation process.
Installation process is running. Wait till finished.
SAPGUI installation is completed. Click Finish button to close.
Congratulations !! Finally, you have installed SAPGUI from SAPGUI Distribution Server. On my next posting I’ll let you how to install SAPGUI patch on SAPGUI Distribution Server.
SAPGUI for Windows can be install based on traditional mode (just as install other Windows software) and also server mode. On traditional mode, you will need to install one by one when installing on several computer especially when SAPGUI patch are applied. You need to apply it on each computer.
Main advantage of installing SAPGUI for Windows using server mode are, you only need to maintain SAPGUI server when installing patch. You’ll need to install patch on server then other PC client will follow it.
To install SAPGUI for Windows using server mode, just a little bit different. OK, let’s just started this installation.
On SAPGUI folder, go to setup folder and find admsetup.exe file. Double click this file :
You’ll get this screen.
Click Next to continue to next screen.
Make sure that you created this folder and share it. I use sapgui640 folder and share it on Windows level. Click Next.
Ready to install. Click Install button.
Installation process is proceed. Wait till it finished.
You’ll need to configure distributed service so that SAPGUI for Windows installation files can be access from your network. Click Next.
You’ll see your server name sharing. On my screen, \\EMATES67 (this is my server name). Click Next.
For Distribution Service Configuration, you need to specify Administrator name and password. This information is for Administrator. Click Next
This information goes to user to distribute this service. Click. Next.
The last time, you need to configure it.
This screen show you configuration when you click SAPAdmin from Start Menu